Monday, May 07, 2007

Well, I asked for it. I went downstairs to the closet where I knew my mom was keeping all the outfits she had bought for Sawyer. There were probably 25 outfits in there, all so cute, and all bought with Sawyer in mind. I just stared at them, picturing him wearing them. There were even a couple of Christmas outfits. One of them had a fire engine on one side, and on the other a little dog in a firehat, and said "Little Hero." That's Sawyer, isn't it? He really is a little hero. I just wish so badly I could have seen him wear that outfit and be happy and healthy. I wish I'd been able to dress him in all those outfits. I know my mom really believed that he would wear them, and so did I.

I would do anything to get him back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy, I bet Sawyer would have been soo handsome in those outfits! I want you to know that I still think of you guys everyday and Brian and Sawyer also. They have seriously touched so many lives with their stories. I also read the post about the Memorial. That is so beautiful. What a way to celebrate their memories. You are so lucky to have had such a caring staff at OSF. I have heard nothing but good things about that place. We need to get together soon and do lunch or something. Love Ya ~Joni