Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Hey all...

HOLY CRAP! It's 93 degrees here today!!! And the sun is in!!?? Sheesh.

Anyway, excellently, I also got my biometrics (fingerprinting, photos, etc.) appointment letter today. It's on May 31st at 8:00am in... Naperville.

A suburb of Chicago.

2hrs45mins away.

So, a nice early start for that one, I forsee through my magic telescope (inner tube from used kitchen roll.) The more exciting part is that it seems that typically it takes about a month from biometrics appt. to issuance of EAD, which means I could be starting work within the next 6-8 weeks! I hope it gets a bit cooler by then. Seriously, 93 degrees WITHOUT THE SUN SHINING is HOT.

:) But kinda fun!

I had a massive test of my Smoking Quit last night, but I am very, very proud to say that as of this moment I have not smoked for 6 days, 9 hours, and 9 minutes or, in terms of my previous 20-a-day habit, I have not absorbed the poisonous crap from... wait for it... ONE-HUNDRED AND TWENTY-EIGHT CIGARETTES. Isn't that insanity in foolish garb?

Anyhoo, take care everyone, and love to you all, and wish us luck on the whole being melted alive by the 93 degrees thing.

Love,
Jim and Amy x

No comments: