Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Post 100!

We went to the doctor again today. Baby is happy and healthy and alive and kicking! They couldn't get the heartbeat by doppler, which apparently is very common this early on in the pregnancy (especially given my weight), but of course, I panicked, so they did an ultrasound. The little one was right there, looking more human than ever, heart beating strong. He/she had a hand up, as if to say "Hey!" It reminded me a lot of when we had our first look at Brian. We are both getting a feeling that this may be a girl, but who knows, really. Surgery will be in 4 weeks--they are scheduling it with the hospital and will call me with the date in the next couple of days. I am freaking out a little bit, but I know it's worth it in the end.

2 comments:

April said...

So glad that the little one is doing ok and that you are, too! By "surgery" do you mean the circlage? Or something else? Keep us posted on when it is.
We're thinking about y'all!

April said...

Isn't the date of the cerclage coming up? Or did I miss it? Thinking about you three...